January 29, 2013

Sparkling Sunrise Mocktail

So in case you're wondering why my food posts have been few and far between, I am partially blaming a little thing called PREGNANCY.  Yup, there's a baby coming to the War Kitten household, and I've been too busy/tired growing a small human being to come up with many recipes.

I've always loved experimenting with new cocktail recipes, but being prego has put a temporary hold on that.  Instead, I've tried to come up with some fun non-alcoholic beverages to enjoy during parties.  Here is my newest favorite, which reminds me of a mock Tequila Sunrise.  Enjoy!


Ingredients:
A few ice cubes
4 oz orange juice
4 oz lemon-lime soda (I used "Diet Twist Up," which is caffeine free)
1/2 shot grenadine

Directions:
1.  Place ice cubes in a pint glass.
2.  Add remaining ingredients.  Oooh, pretty!  Now stir the mocktail and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment