June 27, 2010

Berry Sangria

I tried the Triple Berry Sangria at Red Lobster, and was inspired to make my own.  You can adjust the flavors to suit your tastes. And before I forget, this drink is for adults only!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup brandy
1/4 cup triple sec
Two 750ml bottles merlot wine (I used Yellow Tail brand)
1 64 oz bottle berry fruit juice (I used Pomegranate Blueberry)
1 lb strawberries, hulled and quartered
1 orange, sliced

Directions:
1. Pour brandy, triple sec and wine into a large pitcher or punch bowl, stir.
2. Add juice to taste and stir.  This will allow you to adjust the "booziness" of the drink.  Start with about half the bottle of juice, and add more if it's too strong for your liking.
3. Add strawberries and orange slices.  Chill for at least 2 hours.
4. Serve over ice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment